A quick, easy and delicious low carb cheesy (feta & ricotta!) cherry tomato sauce that goes with all the things! Simply bake and mix through or pour over whatever you desire: veggies, meat, pasta – it’s up to your cheesy imagination.
You’ve been living under a rock if you haven’t seen this baked feta pasta sauce everywhere on the internet! Nope? Just me and my foodie social media algorithms? 😛
If you have seen this before, this easy baked feta and cherry tomato sauce goes wonderfully with pasta (just mix cooked pasta through once done); however, if you’re like me and want to keep the carbs lower, this is still a fantastic sauce to pair with other low carb options: steamed vegetables, zoodles, grilled meat, seafood etc.
For this recipe, I happened to also have some ricotta cheese that I needed to use up – so I decided to add it in as well. You can leave the ricotta out if you don’t have any, but more cheese is always better in my opinion!
Easy Baked Feta & Ricotta Cheese Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 250 g feta cheese
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (I used white balsamic)
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Wash and dry the cherry tomatoes. Place them into a large casserole dish.
- Peel and roughly chop the garlic and add in with the cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Add the salt, pepper and 1/2 of the oregano. Mix so that everything is coated.
- Add in the block of feta cheese to the middle of the dish. Break the ricotta into large chunks and place around the feta.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the cheeses and sprinkle over the rest of the oregano. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Break up the feta and ricotta cheese with a spoon and mix through the cherry tomatoes and garlic.
- Pour over your favourite vegetables or meat (to keep it low carb), or stir through cooked pasta.